Scrappy Carp Blog

Scrappy Carp Blog
Seize the Day!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

We all Have Rituals.... How do you Measure Your days?

We all have rituals and mine is coffee in bed, made by my husband of course....
There are very few mornings that go by when this does not happen... He is traveling (and I have to make it myself) or we are both travelling and he goes to the nearest coffee shop. I am truly both spoiled and lucky.
But aside from that...
Ritual
For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,        50
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
  So how should I presume?
T.S. Eliot
The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock


                     As for measuring my life out with coffee spoons this is a true thing.  So many 
life events revolve, change and slip away but I can attach them to this one ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment